Thursday, September 28, 2006

Summer at IBM...

Now that school is starting back up at home, I have been asked by a number of my classmates how my summer internship at IBM went. So... I thought I would put up a quick post on my three months at IBM's Raleigh research lab this summer.

The IBM Extreme Blue Program (
www.ibm.com/extremeblue/) was a great experience. Our lab was made up of 6 teams, each team consisting of one MBA and three technical interens. It was an impressive group with students from a number of the top schools (MIT, Carnegie Mellon, UCLA, Duke, UNC, UT Austin, Purdue, UW, etc). The whole summer was very well organized and funded. It was a nice balance of leaning, work, and fun. I met a lot of IBM executives that provided some great insight into what I might want to do with my career after MBA school. I also made a number of new friends from all over the US that I know I will keep in touch with.

The culmination of the program was the national expo at IBM headquarters in Armonk, NY. We were all able to show off the work we had done over the summer to the IBM executives and were even able to meet IBM CEO Sam Palmisano. It was a fun summer and I currently have several opportunities in the works to go back to IBM in a full time capacity after school.

Take a look at some of the pictures of the summer here

1 Comments:

At 1:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You Forgot OREGON STATE,

 

Post a Comment

<< Home