Wednesday, November 22, 2006

The big trip (4 weeks, 4 countries)



Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving Thursday will be my last day in Copenhagen for nearly four weeks. I will turn in my end of term research paper tomorrow, which will mark the end of my studies here in Denmark. I'll then spend the rest of the day packing and preparing for my long trip around Europe.

Before I get to the details of the trip, let's talk Thanksgiving. There is a girl from the US on the fourth floor of my building and her mom has made the trip all the way out for Thanksgiving. They have been busy too. Somehow they found a turkey to have cooked for tomorrow, and she has flown out 40lbs of food from the US. After packing and finishing up my last preparations to leave town, I will head up for, what sounds to be, a great American Thanksgiving!


Now, as for the trip, here is a tentative itinerary.

Poland:
I leave this Friday from Copenhagen and meet Paul in
Wrocław Poland. Yep Wrocław. I had to look it up on the map. In the past, Paul has spend more than a year in Poland teaching English, so this section of the trip is his domain. Wrocław is a small city in the south west corner of Poland and was right in the middle of the events of WWII. Paul also has some friends there, so it should make for a good time.

Next we will make our way (most likely by train) to
Kraków, which is in the south of Poland. Kraków is a popular tourist destination and there should be a lot to see there.

Czech Republic:
From Poland we take a train down to Prague and spend a few days there. Prague is the capital of the Czech Republic and also its largest city.

Italy:
After our week in Poland and the Czech Republic, we take a flight down to Rome and will spend a week exploring the home of wine and pasta. We have given ourselves a week in Italy, so after a few days in Rome we will make our way up to Florence and possibly Venice.

Spain:
From Italy we will fly into Madrid and take a day at Paul's place to wash our clothes and take a breather. We will then make our way out to Barcelona. Neither Paul or myself have been to Barcelona, so it should be a good time.

Netherlands:
Our last stop will be Amsterdam in the Netherlands. We'll spend the weekend in Amsterdam and then make our way back to our respective countries.

I'll be back in Copenhagen on the 19th of December, spend a few days celebrating the end of our time in Denmark, and then fly into Phoenix on the 22nd.

I'll try to do some blogging from the road. Well, back to packing!

1 Comments:

At 8:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like an amazing road trip! Looks like you are living life to the fullest!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home