Friday, October 13, 2006

"Fuller'd in Paris..."

Well, yesterday's trip to Paris was less than smooth. Starting with my flight from Copenhangen to London, I was in a nice middle seat on the hottest plane in the world. I look over to my right and there is a nice woman with her new born in her lap. Ahhh, how cute.... nope! The new born cried... no wait, screamed for the entire 2 hours to London. Well, that is except for the 2 or 3 times that the women decided to get the crying to stop by breast feeding her young one right next to me.

So, I finally get off the hot plane in London... breast milk stains and all, and make my way to the next gate. The next flight leaves a little late but gets me to Paris. After arriving, I wait for my bag to come out and yep, you guessed it, Fuller'd. They lost my bag.

After talking my best Frenglish to the airport people, I realized I was not going to make any progress. They just took my temporary address and said they would let me know if anything turns up.

At this point it has been a number of hours since I arrived and I had to find my way to Nick's place (not close). Luckily I had my French roommate meet me at the airport so she could help me navigate the train system. After an hour and a half and 3 trains later, I finally made it to Nick's apartment... sans baggage.

Last night we went out and met up with another classmate of ours, Jasmine, and we worked hard to forget about my long day and focus on being in Paris. This worked wonders for me and I was able to convince myself that by today they would find my bag and everything would be back on track. Well, in reality, it's noon and they are still looking for my bag and Nick is in a rough state from last night's festivities.

So.... that was my first day in Paris, ugly but I made it. I will be here until Tuesday, and I have confidence that things will be on track by the end of today.

1 Comments:

At 6:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reading this makes me want to pack up my stuff and explore the world! You are a great photographer, by the way!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home